Friday, March 03, 2006

Random Friday?

OK, so I am taking on the advice of my friend, Sariah, and doing a random Friday. Just my random thoughts for the day (aren't my thoughts always random?)

***

I need some color in my life. Illinois is SO ugly in the winter! Brown, brown, brown, with an occasional ugly green pine tree, and I mean occasional! I can't wait for spring when everything blooms and turns pretty again. I know, deep down, that it is possible!

***

I'm filling out our net worth sheet on our way to becoming wealthy. With all of our student loan debt, we are worth pretty much nothing. In fact, if we didn't have life insurance in place, we would worth negative. Does that mean we should get sucked up into some black hole of finances! Thank heavens for the forsight of Jody who made sure we got life insurance so that is something happens to us, our kids won't be left with nothing, as he was when his parents died.

***

Speaking of Jody's parents...I sure am glad that they raised a boy that grew into such a great man. I know they are looking down on him now and are very proud of what he has done with his life, even if he feels like he hasn't done anything.

***

What's for dinner? Who knows! Just kidding, I think I am going to try this new recipe I got in Quick Cooking (whatever it is called now) for Chicken Wellington. Wish me luck! I've never attempted something so expensive sounding before. Good thing that I have Aldi's to get cheap ingredients at!

***

Set the PACE! A Positive Attitude Changes Everything. I am really trying to remember this and live by it. Especially in my current situation!

5 comments:

Sariah said...

Yay for Random Friday! I like your random thoughts. And dinner sounds good. I think that we are going to get tacos and burritos from Taco Bell and sit on the living room floor and watch a movie. Just relax as a family. And since I crave Taco Bell's bean burritos like there's no tomorrow... Mmmmm, can't wait for dinner time now.

Hilary said...

I love random thought blogs! Are you sure we can't change it from Pace to NAP? Somehow? Maybe? :)

Allrie said...

Laurel, saw your link and decided to pop in and randomly say hello. OK, I admit it is Sat, nevertheless...if you want an escape, come visit in OH. We've had such a mild winter here that it is uncommonly attractive for this time of year. (Tho nothing is blooming--yet.)

And I agree with Hilary--NAP sounds good. Nice And Positive, maybe?

ABQ Mom said...

Random Fridays are fun. Good on ya! That net worth finance thing can be scary, but its also so exhilarating, it gives you an idea of what you need to do from this point. We went to the $1 theatre last night and say "Fun with Dick and Jane". Even though it was a comedy, we left thinking about our financial situation and how fragile it could be.

April said...

How was dinner? Hope it was yummy.