Sunday, October 08, 2006

JOJO IS HERE!!!!



It's been a long time since I have posted it seems. It has been a very long week! Last Mon. at my doc. appt., my sweet hubby and I, along with the doc decided to go ahead and induce me that day, seeing as how the doc was going to be leaving for 5 days at the end of the week. So, we went to the hospital and started me on the pitocin. After 8 hours, I had only dialated 1 cm. That's right, 1 cm!!! Needless to say, I was extremely frustrated and tired and bawling my eyes out. Dr. E didn't know what to do with me. We ended up going home with nothing; maybe we would try again in the morning.

I went into the office the next morning, got checked and everything was still the same. We all agreed that I couldn't go through that again so we would wait a couple of days and see if anything changed by Thurs. We went home and tried to act as if nothing had happened but it was really hard for me. On Wed. I decided to go to Logan and do some shopping for a few reasons. I needed to go this week to get some of the deals, it would keep my mind of the baby, and maybe all that activity would help my body do something on it's own.

Thursday morning rolled around and Dr. E called to see what we wanted to do. We decided to go to his office, get checked and go from there. Inside I had decided that if my body had done something on it's own, we could dry to induce again, but if not, I would rather just wait and take the chance of not having my doctor there when my body did decide it could do the whole labor thing. Well, my body had done a little bit on it's own, so we went to the hospital to try again.

I was trying to be very optimistic and telling myself that it was going to work this time. After 6 hours, I had made a little more progress then I had on Mon., but not much. I was starting to go into the depths of frustration and depression again when...my water broke! Yes!!! Two hours and ten minutes later, I had my baby!

Sophia LeeAnn Janke was born on Oct. 5 at 9:15 p.m. She weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. and was 21 in. long. As you can see she has lots of beautiful dark hair and fits right in with the rest of our family! We are SO glad that she is here, and believe, of course, that she is the most beautiful baby in the world!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow, that's never fun to go home.
We had a lady once who'd had 4 inductions. Don't ask -- but we like to call it "an unfavorable cervix"... glad it finally worked though.
WELCOME SOPHIA!!!!

Proud Mum said...

Oh congratulations!

I'm so sorry about the pitocin -- contractions on crack are bad enough but when you don't get a baby for it ... I'm just so sorry.

She is gorgeous! Rest up and enjoy your precious bundle -- you deserve it!

(and I hope you got some great deals when shopping! I haven't been on a shopping "trip" in so long I'm not sure I'd know what to do.)

April said...

Congrats Laural, she is so precious! When can I come snuggle her???? And the best part is, you had her on mine & Kurts 10th anniversary.

ABQ Mom said...

Yay for a baby girl finally making her appearance. I'm so sorry the inductions didn't go well but wow, 2 hours after your water broke the baby arrived. That's amazing! Congratulations again and like PM said rest up.