
After a weekend of being alone almost 24 hours a day, I didn't how great of a Mother's Day I would have. However, my hubby pulled through in the end and made it wonderful. These are the flowers he brought home after he worked on Sat. Then he took the kids shopping Sat. night and made sure I opened the presents before we left for church Sunday morning, even though we were running late (but not as late as the rest of our ward!). Together they gave me a new set of pots and pans and a new pair of khaki capris. Once church was done we had lunch with some close friends and came back home. As soon as we got home, A made sure that I got in bed and took a nap because she had learned at school that on Mother's Day your mom gets to just lay in bed all day! One of my sisters called, I talked to my own mom, and we even watched the finale of Survivor (I wanted Terry to win!). It was a great day!
Now that you have heard about my day, I would like to wish all of the wonderful mothers in my life a belated HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! My mom, my sisters and sis-in-law, my friends...everybody. You have all been such a great example to me of great motherhooding (if that's a word). Thank you a million times over!
4 comments:
Woo hoo for mother's day, best day of the year in my book!
Those flowers are so beautiful Laural! Glad you had a wonderful day.
And a Happy Mother's Day to you, too. I like your word--motherhooding. I shall have to keep it. Sounds like A has a good teacher!
Still waiting to hear from you...you know my kids are dying to go to a Cubs game in Wrigley Field. I hate baseball...perhaps we could visit while they're at the game? I only want to go on the trip to visit family in South Bend.
Happy Mother's Day. Glad you had such a wonderful day. How nice.
Post a Comment