We are so excited about the outcome of the Amazing Race last night! We love the hippies and have pretty much from day one. I'm sure that not everyone will agree with me but we saw them as two friends who tried to run this race the best they could enjoy every bit of the ride. I think that is why we liked them so much. Even though others felt threatened by them and tried to make them into these two bad guys, they were just there to have fun and do the best they could.
Last night, when the frat boy got all mad that Tyler had tried to "trick" him into thinking that he had missed the clue on the roller coaster, I was a little confused. If Tyler had said that to me, and I had looked at his face, I would have thought he was just trying to joke around with me and would have enjoyed the next ride. For the frat boy (I can't remember which one was Eric and which was Jeremy) to hold on to it and try to bring it up to Phil to make the hippies look bad just kindof made me mad. How quickly he had forgotten about intentionally cancelling everyone elses cabs. Now that is dirty in my opinion!
Anyway, I just want you all to know that we are EXCITED that the team we liked won. I also think that we will try to take on a little bit of the hippies attitude towards life. Take whatever comes next with a smile, do your best, don't get discouraged, try to have as much fun as you possibly can without hurting others, and move on to the next task as quickly as possible! I think we could all find some joy in trying to live life like that!!
2 comments:
EXACTLY the conversation I had with a friend here in town about the hippies (we both love them.). So, anyrate...
YAY FOR THE HIPPIES!!! TTAOU!!
BTW, Ttauo is our new favorite phrase. Except when we are in Thailand. Then we like to say TTHAI!!
I shouted a big HURRAY for the hippies winning as well! WOOT! I really liked their attitudes throughout the game, and I just like rooting for the underdog. It seemed like none of the other teams like them so of course that made me WANT to like them.
You're statement about living our lives the way they did throughout the game is a good suggestion. How much happier would we all be if we could do that.
Post a Comment