Saturday, June 10, 2006

A 2 yr. old LADIES MAN!

Yes, that's right, my two year old is definitely a ladies man. Last night we went to a wedding reception/party for a girl in our ward. It was kindof a mix between a worldly reception (dinner, toasts, etc.) and a Mormon reception (talking about being grateful they could go to the temple and be sealed for eternity...). It ended up being really fun and it was a good rest period from a lot of the stress we have been feeling around here.

Anyway, after we had finished eating, I went to talk to the groom's parents because they were from ID (yeah Idaho!). Keenan proceeded to go to the mom and sit on her lap and play with her. Then he moved on to the groom's two teenage sisters, who were quite beautiful, I might add. After everyone had finished eating, there was a dance. They did the whole bride/groom first dance, dance with parents, dance with family, and so on to the dollar dance. Everyone could pay a dollar to dance with either the bride or groom depending on whether you were male of female, of course. Well, Keenan proceede to get in line with all the grown up men and the grooms little brother, to dance with the bride. He then got it stuck in his head for the remaining 2 hours that we were there, that he wanted to dance with the bride on every dance! When he couldn't have her, he wanted the two beautiful sisters that he had talked to earlier! We tried to get him to dance with a little girl his age from the ward, but he didn't want anything to do with her!

At first, Jody and I were concerned that he was bugging everyone, but they kept reassuring us that he was adorable and they loved it. The groom even told Jody that it was helping his family feel like they were more at home (remember they were from Idaho). I kept wondering if maybe he just has a hankering for Idaho women. They are might fine you know! :)

So, now I have a little girl who has always loved men and a little boy that only wants older women. What am I to do when they reach their teenage years? I'll just keep praying for help...not much else I can do!

3 comments:

ABQ Mom said...

wow. How cute is that.

My kids are both too shy to approach strangers. They have a hard time with relatives for crying out loud!

I'm sure the bride had a great time, and maybe the parents of the bride and groom were secretly hoping that Keenan might spark some sort of baby hunger in the new couple! ;-)

Hilary said...

ANOTHER great scrapbook page. :)

April said...

Aww what a charmer. Counting down the DAYS!!