I just want to state for the record that I REALLY love living in a small town. Not only is the town small, but I live outside of town in an even smaller community. It is wonderful! Let me tell you why!
First: Having Sophi at the hospital here was a wonderful experience! We were the only ones having a baby (unlike Utah Co. where we were one of 20-30) so we got some great attention from nurses, anesthesiologists, even hospital administration. They brought us balloons, signs, treats...they even brought a tray of food for my husband when they brought my food. Since leaving they have called several times to sort out insurance problems we have been having and have never acted put out at all. It's just been great all the way around!
Second: We have been so well taken care of by the people in community we live in. Food has been brought in for over a week, people have stopped by to visit, they call to see if we need anything. We have never had such wonderful treatment anywhere else in our married life.
Third: Being that we live in a smaller community, outside of a small community, we have to drive 45 min to 1 hr to get to a city of shopping stores. Thus, we tend to spend less money because the stores aren't conveniently reached. Very nice! Especially on our tight budget!
Fourth: I like having some space so no one can hear us when we are yelling at our kids!! :)
6 comments:
Ahh... but can you get world class falaffel?
Just learned last night, I can -- minutes from my hospital. :)
I tried to go in for my 6 week check-up today. Apparantly I owe a ton of money, so until I pay some, they can't see me. I'm all depressed about medical and financial stuff now.
I wish I had Dallin and Parker where I had Aiden. I told you you'd love it!! Preston is seriously my number one choice for having a baby.
That sounds so beautiful and perfect right about now! I'm glad you are there and things are well for you.
Thank you for letting me snuggle that sweet baby girl! She is perfect and sooo pretty. & I'm glad I could bring dinner for your family.
xo
Oh can I say yay about so many of those points! A few of those would be really nice to experience considering that I haven't experienced those.
I also live 1 1/2 hours away from the largest town which has a walmart... it is nice in some ways, but I miss the lower prices on food.
I also wish that I had the same experience in this small town that you are. Mine is leaving a lot to be desired... Sounds like you found yourself a rare gem.
Post a Comment