Yay!!! We got to go on our date last night! Thank you so much April!! We went out to Chinese...it was ok, but not as good as we had hoped. Then we went to this little cheap theater in Lewiston UT.
The tickets for this theater are only $2.00 and the concession are all under $1.00. It's not the nicest seats or anything, but for the price you can't beat it!
We saw The Prestige. Really Good! Not necessarily one that we want to own, but one of those that you want to see again so you can catch all the little details you missed the first time. Of course, in a movie theater, the first 30 minutes if extremely hard to hear because of all the crinkling and chomping that is going on. And let me tell, I had a definite chomper going to town in my right ear! HUGE pet peeve...please eat with your mouth closed!!!! Anyway, back to the movie. I most definitely recommend it to anyone for a date or something. It's not for kids. It's also not for the night you want a no-brainer movie to just veg through. You really have to pay attention and it leaves you thinking. Besides, with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman, you have a hard time going wrong! Go see it!
I highly recommend a date to all of you...it has made me feel quite a bit revived!
4 comments:
That sounds like a ROCKING date night -- esp the cost of your theater.
Our tickets are 10.25 -- which is INSANE.
But, that's my opinion. :)
Wo-hoooooo for date night! That rocks! (at least I think it does. I haven't had a date night in a while, so I don't remember that well. heh)
Hi :)
Date nights are greaaat !!! My husband and I go once a week (most weeks) and that's one of the keys to our great marriage.
We have (3) kids and I think for our own sanity sake we NEED A BREAK !!!:)
Deborah
I don't think a cheap theatre exists in California (certainly not near us.) It isn't that people here wouldn't go, it's that we're too close to Hollywood. In Virginia we had a great $3 theatre right beside the train track. When the train went by we'd always think, "wow, what's the show they're playing next door? It sounds action-packed!" It was the kind of theatre where you picked your seats carefully for three reasons: many were not clean from the concessions from a previous showing, many had springs about to pop out, and many were under ceiling tiles that looked ready to dump the next time the train rattled by.
I miss it. And I miss those date nights. I'm so glad you got to go! Hooray!!!
Post a Comment