You all know of my potty training woes. Well, yesterday I had a successful experience...at least for one day.
I've been reading an article about different potty training strategies in Parenting magazine. One of them was to let you child run around naked and just clean up after them till they figure out how to do it on the potty. I have a friend who does this and has great success, but I just couldn't bring myself to follow a 2 year old around and clean up his pee! Keenan is now 3, and mostly in control of his pee, the pooping is the problem. As I thought about it, I realized that maybe if he wasn't wearing any pant, he wouldn't have anywhere to "put" his poop and he'd be more willing to put it in the potty.
So yesterday, I gave him a glass of prune juice and took of his pants. He wasnt' very pleased with me. Of course, being the stupid mother that I am, I thought he would enjoy running around free as a jay bird. Not so! He cried and cried for me to give him his pants back. Finally I told him if he wanted to wear pants, he needed to go poopers. HE DID! IN THE POTTY EVEN! Of course, later that night, on his way to the potty, I believe, he had a good long toot and ended up pooping his pants. I had put so much prune juice in him that I couldn't blame him for that one! Today he had another smudge in his underwear again, but he didn't even know it was there, so I think it was just another toot.
So, at least for today, being Naked is the trick! Maybe I should run around naked and see if it helps me loose weight quicker? Yeah, from throwing up at the sight of myself probably!
4 comments:
One of my SILs waited until summer to potty train her two boys (who are 13 month apart, so she did them at the same time). She just put them outside in the back yard and let them run around in the buff. I guess it worked.
As far as excersize... combine the running with the throwing up and I think you may be on to something. Or at least you could market it in nudist colonies that are also full of bulemics.
Haha....
I just underpants in the beginning. My kids are not big fans of naked either.
Must be something in the genes. :)
BTW, we have skidmarks almost every day. Conner still gets them.
Just part of the fun. :)
Little Red loves naked time and will strip down to his diaper and take it off too, saying "naked time, naked time!" Looks like when I get serious about things that's a strategy I won't be using! But I'm so so so glad it's working for you -- you really need this to get taken care of. Good luck!
It's amazing how well the no pants trick works. It really does. It's the fact they don't have anywhere to PUT their poop (or little girls with their pee) that makes them want to go use the toilet.
Post a Comment