Thursday, November 16, 2006

Just a Minute

Earlier this afternoon, I was chatting with my best friend when I had to leave mid conversation to change a diaper. I wanted to type 'just a minute' but didn't have time. As I was wiping nice mustard poop I started thinking about the phrase 'just a minute.'

Everyday I feel like I'm so busy I can't even sit down and write on my own blog, yet I don't know what I am doing that is keeping me busy. Now I realize the culprit. It's 'just a minute!' 'Just a minute' this, and 'just a minute' that. I have to change a diaper, nurse a baby, wash out pee and poo underwear, eat something, take a shower, go potty myself, wash a dish or two, take a nap...the list goes on and on.

So now I have made a resolve to kick 'just a minute' out of my house! Ok, I know it won't really ever happen, but at least now I know why I can't ever get anything all the way done...I'm a woman and a mom!

5 comments:

Sariah said...

You put your finger on it! That is exactly what I've been feeling, but I hadn't figured it out. Now, just a minute while I ponder this.

Proud Mum said...

You made me giggle, thanks!

ps: if you're IMing you can just type "brb" as you're running away. It means "be right back" and it takes less than a minute to type!

Proud Mum said...

btw, I dig the new template!

Anonymous said...

I am loving the new look Laural!

ABQ Mom said...

I love your new template, it's my most favorite color combinations (I love any bright color with Brown).

I agree with the 'just a minute' and as far as using that with our kids I try to use other phrases as well.

I hope you can find all those extra little minutes that disappear.