Yesterday was Halloween and what a great one it was! (I'll post pics at the end.) I've been wondering what to blog about and my good friend Sariah said "ummmm...chocolate." Since it is shortly after Halloween, I thought that sounded like a great thing to blog about so....
I my humble opinion, I think that chocolate is one of those gifts that God gave to us to help us in good and bad times. The saying goes that diamonds are a woman's best friend, but I would disagree. I think that chocolate is a woman's best friend. During those certain times of the month, when your kids are finally in bed and you can enjoy some time for yourself, when you just can't stand anything else in life anymore, you can always turn to our good friend chocolate.
Chocolate comes in so many forms. Dark, Milk, White, Mint, Peanut Butter...I could go on forever. When I married my husband he really didn't like chocolate that much; he'd rather have salad. However, after 7 1/2 years of marriage, I have used my powers to convert him to the sweet treat. I did this just so I wouldn't feel so guilty about wanting it all the time. I feel the need for some type of chocolate at least once a day. Just having spent nine + months pregnant and now nursing, chocolate is pretty much a staple of my diet...as sad as it may be.
Now chocolate melts so beautifully. I have a distinct memory of an experience I had with chocolate when I was little. It was New Year's Eve and for some reason, my brother and I were at my Aunt and Uncle's house. Maybe we were babysitting my little cousin (that part is not so distinct). Anyway, I guess it was late and I had fallen asleep on the couch. Suddenly I woke up with a chocolate covered peanut cluster melted all over my hand. I didn't know where it had come from! My brother sticks to the story that I had woken up and asked for it, but I have no recollection of that. I think he just wanted to play a good joke on me! This experience bears witness to all that chocolate melts quite nicely, even when you don't know it is there.
Ok, so that was a stupid post! Sorry! Here are some Halloween pics of my cute kids!
3 comments:
I had to take a break in the middle of reading your post to get a piece of chocolate!
mmmmmm, chocolate ...
K, am I missing the picture?
I too love chocolate.
Amen.
Ummmmm... chocolate rocks, and so does this post.
Mmmmmm... chocolate. I promised not to eat any more of the brownies I made last night, but I *didn't* promise not to eat the Ghiridelli dark chocolate chips in the freezer.
I love you Laural!!
Post a Comment