I've looked up Random in the thesaursus, hoping for a word that started with F so that I could have an alliteration. It was either fluky or fortuitous...I obviously chose fluky!
******
I've been reading this book; it's about a little boy who gets sexually abused. His mother is a prosecuting attorney for children who are sexually abused. Thus EVERYTHING in the story is about someone being abused. I'm SURE it's a good book, if I made it to the end, but I don't think I'm gonna! I just feel gunky all the time, wondering about abuse, and what if it happened to my child, what would I do, and has it happened to my child? Besides that there is quite a bit of language that doesn't need to be there. I could get over the language, but I'm just not kicking the down and out feeling. So, I've decided to take it back to the library and try something a bit more lighthearted. Maybe another time, when my children aren't so close to the child in the book, I'll be able to read it again. Until then, I'm off to check out some Dr. Seuss! :)
*******
Speaking of Dr. Seuss, our High School has been doing Seussical, the Musical for it's spring musical. We teach the 17-18 year old Sunday School class at church so we had quite a few kids that were involved in the musical. We figured it was probably an ideal show for our own kids to go see, so we went! It was so cute and fun and A and K loved it! S was even enthralled with all the movement on stage for a while! It was one of those perfect moments when everybody was happy! We even went out for ice cream afterward, which is where the perfect moment ended and the complaining began, but oh well, it lasted for a little bit!
******
Fantasy Baseball---ever done it? I'm doing it with my hubby, sister, some nephews and bils. Last night was our draft and since we only have one computer, only one of us, between my husband and I, could do the draft. Of course, I let him do his own choosing, since he is the baseball man, and just let the computer draft for me. Well, it turns out, according to hubby, that I ended up with an AWESOME team!!! How cool is that?! Now I just need to figure out how to pick my players each week to get the maximum amount of points off of them. I jokingly talked smack to the rest of the league that I was going to win because I knew all there was to know about baseball. Of course, I don't know much, but maybe I'll win anyway!
******
Hubby is doing High School baseball in full swing now. Double Headers almost every saturday, and at least 1 other game during the week if not 2. We try to go watch the games, but last night, it was just TOOOOOOO cold. I didn't want to be out there, let alone my children! Just as well, since they got slaughtered! Better luck next time PHS JV!
******
Ok, I think I've flukied around enough! Have a great weekend ya all! By the way, we still have a job! :)
2 comments:
K, did I miss something? Did you almost not have a job?
Thanks for reminding me, I need to start taking the boys to more of the HS productions.... I bet they'd really enjoy them!
Sounds like a rather depressing book, I don't think I could make it through the book either, especially if the children's age matched my own, that would be really tough.
Sounds like a fun highschool musical and it sounds like you guys had a fabulous time. :)
Great fluky post. :)
Post a Comment