When I really think about it, everyday is pretty random for me, but anywho...
*****
I've been thinking this for some time now and keep meaning to blog about but haven't yet gotten around to it. Is anyone else as much of a PBS fan as I am? Good kids shows, no commercials that have them wanting you to buy them everything in the store.... However, I have an issue with the new lady that they have on there. The concept itself, I really like! It's like the possum on Nick, Jr. The lady, though...TOTALLY BUGS ME! Is it just me, or can you PBS fans out there agree with me. The little guinea pig is fine, but she is just not right. She can't sing worth beans, she's not all that funny, I don't think the kids really relate to her, and she's not the prettiest daughter of God to boot (I know, that's rude of me to say that!)! Anyway...she bugs me!
*****
Erma Bombeck is one of the funniest ladies on the planet! I've been reading one of her books titled, "I lost it all in the Postnatal Depression" as I treat myself like royalty and sit on my "throne." :D I just sit there and giggle and giggle, then turn the page and giggle some more. She tells it like it is...no rose colored glasses for her! She makes look at the daily drugery of motherhood with a funnier edge. When A is telling me what a horrible mother I am, I think of Erma and giggle! Probably makes A even more mad, but oh well...I'm happier!
*****
We have had poo poo success for over a month now! I love it! Almost every time he goes, he then says to me, "Mom, I went poopers in the potty...Are you PROUD of me?" I smile and tell him of course! How can I not be proud of such a cute little boy!
*****
Speaking in church on Sunday. About the Atonement/Ressurection/Easter. When the bishop came to ask us, he asked how our job was going first. You see, the last time we were asked to speak in this ward, we spoke on Tithes and Offerings. We both spoke about our unemployment time and how the Offerings of others had really helped us. Then, that next Friday, J got layed off of his job! So, it seems as though we aren't the only ones that made the connection between speaking in church and losing our job! You all might want to check back in with us next weekend to make sure we are still employed!
*****
Have a great weekend!
4 comments:
I am hoping that losing your job when you speak in church won't become a church-wide pattern. :)
Let us know how your talk and things go. I guess we should speak as we already don't have a job? But that's the case with quite a few in our ward just now! Perhaps it is the topic...hmmm, how can this topic backfire? Be careful now.
I agree with you on the PBS thing. i used to be a huge fan of PBS, but this woman is just crazy, wierd, and annoying. And I'm not all that fond of some of the kids shows anymore: It's a Big, big World annoys me (although the kids like it), Boobah is somebody's acid trip they decided to turn into a kids show, and Caillou is THE most whiney kid in the universe!! Argh!! I'll keep Sesame Street, Clifford, and perhaps the Berenstain Bears anyday.
Good luck with your talks!! You won't lose a job this time... I hope. Apparantly the curse in our ward is that one you become the EQ president, your family buys a home... outside ward bounderies.
I haven't seen the new lady on PBS. It's not Tara Time is it? (I HATE Tara Time). I can't think of any other annoying ladies. Maybe I'm just not watching enough (i'm typing on the computer while the kids watch haha).
Post a Comment