That's right, only 4 weeks left! Actually closer to 3 1/2, but who's counting? :) Two of my friends that were due 2 weeks or less before me have had their babies and to be honest, I am getting a bit jealous!
I am due on Oct. 10th and that seems like just an eternity away! However, I know that the more I hope for it to come early, the closer to due date or past it will come. That's just the way my life works. So...I am really trying to convince myself that Jojo is going to hold on as long as it possibly can. When my hubby keeps telling me how fast he thinks this delivery is going to go, and my grandma tells me I won't make it past Sept (she told me I'd go early with K, I didn't believe her, she was right by two weeks!), and despite the fact that every move this baby makes it starting to hurt because there is just no room left, I will convince myself that I have 4 weeks left (3 1/2)!
If any of you would like to sway me the other way, that I am going to have it early, PLEASE FEEL FREE!!! :)
6 comments:
I'm going to help you convince yourself that you have all that time left.
According to a Harvard Medical Study, the average gestational age is actually 41 1/7 weeks. Yes, a whole week and a day longer than we consider to be normal. Hang in there and do lots of cat stretches and child's poses (that's what got me through.)
I don't know what to tell you Laural. If you went early with K you'll probably go early with this one too.
Sydnie is my only birth where I went into Labor and she was only a few days early. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
I'd have to disagree with whatever proud mum read... it is SO rare to have anyone overdue anymore. Doctors seem to induce at the drop of the hat anymore.
Just think 6 weeks, and you know you'll be less then that!
:)
I feel I need to clarify, the study only examined normal pregnancies with spontaneous labour. So I should have said that the average natural length ...
There's no accounting for what a doctor will do, and I know some that will induce you before your due date if you ask. (Maybe you should switch doctors?)
Only 4 more weeks! Hip Hip Hooray! Time will go by so fast you won't even notice. Let's go walking, or better yet come jump on my tramp and maybe the baby will just fall out, lol.
Let me know what I can do to help you out Laural. & btw no I don't think you guys got me sick.
xo,
A LOT of people seem to have had their babies about 3 weeks early lately. That's all I'm sayin'.
Post a Comment