Friday, September 22, 2006

Good News--at least for today!

You all are probably sick of my potty training stories...I know I am. However, I have to do something to get my mind off of wanting to have the baby NOW! So...

I have hidden K's diapers, so he can't just change himself everytime he pees in one. Yesterday and today he has had to wear underwear since there are no diapers. Yesterday I asked a lot and he succeeded for most of the day but peed his pants once J got home from work. Well, today he is in underwear again and he has told me, not me asking him, 3 times that he needs to go potty and has peed all three times...IN THE POTTY! Of course, one of those times was right when I had sat down, but I jumped off and let him go.

I hope this keeps up! The baby isn't even here yet! Maybe he will be potty trained before Jojo's arrival afterall! However, I don't want Jojo to wait just for him! :)

4 comments:

Hilary said...

WOO HOOO!!!! That's a big step. In my little book I did, I gave him a juice box (or some sips) every time he went in the potty -- and that would promote more going in the potty, etc.
Did I tell you my friend told me that 2 years 8 months is when children are most likely to no longer have accidents.
I'm having a party on October 10th. Wanna come? :)

Proud Mum said...

YAY! That's GREAT news! Good luck!

April said...

YAY Keenan! I hope it keeps up for you Laural, a girl can dream can't she? lol.

xo,

ABQ Mom said...

Wow congrats on the good potty training days! Hurray! I hope the good streak continues!