Ok, so I'm new to the world of having kids in school. A started school last Thurs., the 24th, and has had a good time going every day. I have had a simply splendid time having a few hours everyday without her (even if that does make me sound like a bad mom!)!
Anyway, today, just barely a week after starting school, the elementary had a teacher comp. day. Thus A didn't have school, and then of course, Monday is Labor Day. At least on Monday the hubby will be here to help me entertain. I'm not much of an entertainer when I'm not 35 weeks pregnant. When I am...well, I'll leave it to your imaginations! The point is, I like having my daughter in school. She tends to be happier, and heaven knows I am! Also, K gets to have some alone time with mom and that is soon to end.
Growing up with a teaching mother, I know that these teacher comp. days are really good for the teachers so I will complain no more. Here's to looking greatly forward to next Tues!!!
2 comments:
haha... I hear you
Although, Drew hates the day almost as much as I do -- seems like they always have useless meetings.:)
Those teacher comp days were wonderful when WE were in school, but now as parents they tend to be annoying don't they? :-) I'm sure you'll survive and hopefully they won't have any more no school days between now and you're due date.
Post a Comment