Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Poo Poo Fiasco!

Most of you know that potty training is not going all that well for us. Well, we have recently had quite the experience.

I have read in some book or another that after they poop in their diaper, it can help to dump the poo in the potty so that they see that their poo poo should go in the potty, not their diaper. So, I have done this with K and he has really taken to it. So much so that as soon as he is done pooping, he goes and tries to dump it in the potty himself. (yes, I think he has missed the point entirely!)

On Sat. we were all outside, working on our swingset, playing with our dog, etc. The kids had gone inside for something or another, when after a short time, A came outside and said that K was dropping his poopers in the potty. I was in the middle of holding our monkey bars up or tightening a bolt or something so I couldn't go in right away.

By the time I got to the bathroom, my little potty trainee had dumped his poo on the back of the potty, managing to get it on the toilet seat cover and the toilet lid, and was at the sink, naked, 'washing' himself with the hand soap. Thus there was poo on the soap dispenser, all over the sink counter and, of course, all over his body. I quickly grabbed him and threw him in the shower, where everytime he bent over, he wiped poo all over the shower walls. I'm sure you can all picture this delightful event!

Well, I got him washed up, through several sudsings, got his pajamas on him and then had to face the clean-up. I'll just leave it at that!

I pray that for any of the rest of you that are potty training, you don't have to have this same experience. However, looking back, it is quite hilarious!

5 comments:

Sariah said...

Oh man! I am laughing like you wouldn't believe! I'm sorry, but it IS funny. (I'm just glad it wasn't me that had to do the clean up).

Keep up the good work of potty training. Just remember what everyone else told me: They don't graduate from high school, still in diapers.

April said...

Oh Laural, I had to laugh too! GROSS and YUCK are a few words that came to mind, I'm SO glad I'm done PT'ing.

((HUGS))

Proud Mum said...

That totally puts to shame all the blowout stories I have. It's a guilty pleasure for me to laugh at this, but you know come next year, I'll be banging on your door for tips and consolation. I give you full permission to laugh at me next year, harder and louder, than I laugh at your stories now.

(but now I understand why in other parts of the world they have a "wet bathroom" -- you can just turn the hose on the entire room!)

Hilary said...

Nope... I don't think it's funny ata all.
I hate poo....
Good luck with the PT!

ABQ Mom said...

Oh I'm so sorry Laural! That is the worst potty training story I have ever heard!

I tried not to laugh, and you know what, I don't think I did. The whole potty training experience is too close for me to laugh. I'm finally done with my son but I know all too quickly I'll be starting it up with my daughter. Good luck with the rest of the training and I hope it goes better than this!