Since I'm not feeling very grateful at all right now, for anything, I've decided that this must be a prime time to really think about it and list some things I know I am grateful for. Hopefully by listing them, I will feel more grateful inside!
1. Modern Technology: I'm so glad that I have a computer and know how to use it so I can communicate, for free, with my peers who live far away, or close. I also love that I can look up info at the touch of my keyboard. Other technology that I love are my DVR, cell phone, dishwasher, fridge with an ice maker (which I actually don't have right now), all those sorts of things.
2. Modern Medicine: I'm grateful that when this baby finally decides to come, I can go to the hospital, they can give me a magnificent epidural, and I don't have to feel all of the pain of labor. Also, if anything were to go wrong with me or the baby, I know that with the modern hospital and such, we have a great chance of being just fine, whereas in pioneer days...
3. My kids: Really, I am grateful for them, even when I can't stand them. They do seem to hear and understand what we have tried to teach them, as they display good manners and smart thinking when they are with other people (just not at home). They are also healthy, strong, imaginative, caring...gifts from my Father in Heaven.
4. My hubby: Even though I get really impatient and aggravated with him, I wouldn't want another for anything. I thought I did want others, as I went through my dating, but he's the one that I'm meant to be with. He cares about me so much. In fact, earlier today I was having a really hard time and he happened to call while I was crying. His first question was if I wanted him to come home, just to be with me. When I can't keep my mind straight for long enough to do anything, he comes home from working hard all day and cooks dinner, while I mope in front of the TV. I don't let him know enough how much he means to me. I love him!!
5. My beliefs: I would be a total wreck if I didn't know that there was a purpose behind everything that I do and everything that happens in my life. I know that even when I screw everything up, it's still ok, I can make it right and continue on. I know that I'm not just a stay-at-home mom, I'm a caretaker of Heavenly Father's most precious commodities. That totally stresses me out, but at the same time, I know that He won't let me ruin it all, as long as I keep trying.
6. Friends and Family: Thank you for caring and listening and not always trying to set me straight, just letting me fume for a while and figure it out on my own. I owe a lot to you!
3 comments:
I hear you, sometimes you just need a "thankful" blog to get through the day. :)
and DANG IT! I'm greatful too! This was a great post Laural. It's important to remind ourselves of our blessings when we're down. "Count your many blessings, name them one by one...Count your many blessings see what God hath done."
Thanks for reminding me that I need more gratitude, too. How are you feeling? (I hope right now you're on your back with your baby beside you instead of inside you. ;-) Good luck!)
Post a Comment